Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reader's Art 12: Carol Morris

Reader's Art 12: Longing for Home   Carol Morris-The place is the exotic landscape of childhood in rural Ohio. Where tigers and lions could co-exist with squirrels. While doing the book I was enchanted by feelings of beauty and safety. Altered  books are my favorite medium. I love books and love discarded books. By altering them,  I preserve  them.

Bio:     I try to remember it's not about me so I will talk in the third person. Carol is a poet, video film maker, and visual artist.  Painting, assemblage and altering things are her favorite mediums. In the last year she's been included in exhibits in Michigan, California and Colorado.

She continues her decade long work of bringing art to women in prison. She lives in Ann Arbor Michigan and loves her grandsons abundantly, as  her grandmother did her.


Reader's Art 12: Longing for Home

No comments: